Silo-King® Forage & Grain Treatment Program
Silo-King® is Agri-King’s multi-purpose forage and grain treatment program for use on corn silage, haylage, large and small square bales, round bales, balage, high moisture cracked grains and small grain silages.
What Sets Silo-King® Forage and Grain Treatment Program Apart?
- Retains Energy, and Nutrients
- Reduces Heating, Improves Your Bottom Line
- Reduces Dry Matter Loss and Leaf Loss (in Alfalfa Hay)
- Reduces Seepage
- Reduces Weather Risk
- Reduces Heat Damage in Silage and Haylage
- Improves Feed Efficiency
Created in 1968, Silo-King® is the most-preferred forage and grain treatment product in the United States. All forms of Silo-King® are non-corrosive and non-toxic and safe for all livestock. Silo-King® is available in four forms to best fit your operation:
- Silo-King® is our standard, granular version that works on corn silage, haylage, alfalfa hay, grass hay, balage, high moisture cracked grains and small grain silages.
- Silo-King® WS is a water soluble version that works on haylage, corn silage and high moisture corn.
- Silo-King® Plus offers a convenient method of applying directly to crops, such as hay, haylage, corn silage and high moisture corn.
- Silo-King® Special is the organic version approved by the Midwest Organic Services Association (MOSA) “for use in organic production.”
WE’VE MADE THE BEST EVEN BETTER
In December 2017, Silo-King® forage and grain treatment was reformulated to give you even better performance in your forage and grains. We improved the blend of lactic acid-producing bacteria, modified the enzymes and enhanced antioxidants for a new product that outperformed any previous version of Silo-King®. In numerous laboratory and farm-scale experiments, results showed cooler ensiling temperatures, rapid fermentation, greater nutrient retention, increased digestibility and greater rumen VFA production.
Temperatures were measured on haylage treated with Silo-King® and a competitor’s product for 15 days. On average, the new Silo-King® treated haylage was 9.8 degrees (Fahrenheit) cooler than the competing product.
That’s a 6:1 return on investment (based on $16.50/cwt milk price). With 40% dry matter in the forage, the Silo-King® haylage contains 23,520 more calories per ton of forage fed, resulting in 75.9 lbs. of potential milk per ton of haylage fed.
In a separate trial, temperatures were compared on corn silage treated with Silo-King® and corn silage treated with a different competitor’s product for 15 days. The Silo-King treated forage’s peak temp was 12.5 degrees (Fahrenheit) lower than the competition. By day 15, the Silo-King treated corn silage was a whopping 21 degrees (Fahrenheit) cooler than its counterpart.
That comes to an 8:1 return on investment (based on $16.50/cwt milk price). With 40% dry matter in the forage, the Silo-King® corn silage contains 30,000 more calories per ton of forage fed, resulting in 96.8 lbs. of potential milk per ton of corn silage fed.