Silo-King® is Agri-King’s multi-purpose forage and grain treatment program for use on corn silage, haylage, large and small square bales, round bales, baleage, high moisture cracked grains, and small grain silages.
What Sets Silo-King Apart?
- Retains Energy and Nutrients
- Reduces Heating, Improves Your Bottom Line
- Reduces Dry Matter Loss and Leaf Loss (in Alfalfa Hay)
- Reduces Seepage
- Reduces Weather Risk
- Reduces Heat Damage in Silage and Haylage
- Improves Feed Efficiency
Created in 1968, Silo-King is the most-preferred forage and grain treatment product in the United States.
All forms of Silo-King are non-corrosive and non-toxic and safe for all livestock. Silo-King is available in four forms to best fit your operation:
- Silo-King is our standard, granular version that works on corn silage, haylage, alfalfa hay, grass hay, baleage, high moisture cracked grains and small grain silages.
- Silo-King WS is a water-soluble version that works on haylage, corn silage, and high moisture corn.
- Silo-King Plus offers a convenient method of applying directly to crops, such as hay, haylage, corn silage, and high moisture corn.
- Silo-King Special is the organic version approved by the Midwest Organic Services Association (MOSA) “for use in organic production.”
Temperatures were measured on haylage treated with Silo-King and a competitor’s product for 15 days. On average, the new Silo-King treated haylage was 9.8°F cooler than the competing product.
That’s a 6:1 return on investment (based on $16.00/cwt milk price). With 40% dry matter in the forage, the Silo-King® haylage contains 23,520 more calories per ton of forage fed, resulting in 75.9 lbs. of potential milk per ton of haylage fed.
In a separate trial, temperatures were compared on corn silage treated with Silo-King® and corn silage treated with a different competitor’s product for 15 days. The Silo-King treated forage’s peak temp was 12.5°F lower than the competition. By day 15, the Silo-King treated corn silage was a whopping 21°F cooler than its counterpart. This is shown in the chart below.
That comes to an 8:1 return on investment (based on $16.00/cwt milk price). With 40% dry matter in the forage, the Silo-King® corn silage contains 30,000 more calories per ton of forage fed, resulting in 96.8 lbs. of potential milk per ton of corn silage fed. That’s something worth taking notice of.
Contact Agri-King to learn more about the new Silo-King and how it can help you be profitable.